Ways to Give
resources and create a thoughtful plan to reach those goals.
- Which goals are most important to you?
- How much do you want to set aside for each goal?
- Will these be lifetime gifts or gifts from your estate?
Use these worksheets to capture your answers:
- Understanding your personal and philanthropic goals and how success will be measured
- Identifying which assets would be appropriate for gifting
- Exploring the most effective way to create gifts based on your goals
- Involvement of family
- Involvement of Charities
- Working with all of your advisors to put your plans into effect
- Periodic reassessment of your philanthropic plan-is it still working the way you want it to? Has anything changed?
- Are there any assets which you want to protect?
- Are there any assets which you want to go to particular family members?
- Are there any assets which you want to go to particular charities?
If you would like to start, use this worksheet to catalogue your assets.
After you've established your goals and reviewed your financial resources, it's time to collaborate with your team of advisors to explore leverage:
- Leverage for tax advantages Tax Implications of Charitable Gifts Structuring Charitable Gifts Minimize Gift and Estate Taxes Through Charitable Trusts (AICR) Planning Charitable Bequests That Save Both Income and Estate Taxes (AICR)
- Leverage so that family and charity can benefit from the same assets. Leverage with Split Interest Gifts Creative Gift Planning (AICR)
- Leverage so that family wealth is maintained after charitable gifts are made. Wealth Replacement with Foundations Wealth Replacement with Insurance Charitable Gifts That Solve Problems (AICR)
- Leverage components of gifting strategy to increase the size of your gift Leverage with Gifts of Life Insurance Policies Leveraging with Insurance Selecting Assets for Charitable Gifts (AICR)
Securities offered through Securities America Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC. Mark Kluge, Representative. Advisory Services offered through Securities America Advisors, Inc., Mark Kluge, Representative. BlueMark Advisors and Securities America Companies are separate companies. This site is published for residents of the United States and is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security or product that may be referenced herein. Persons mentioned on this website may only offer services and transact business and/or respond to inquiries in states or jurisdictions in which they have been properly registered or are exempt from registration. Not all products and services referenced on this site are available in every state, jurisdiction or from every person listed. Securities America and its representatives do not provide tax or legal advice; therefore, it is important to coordinate with your tax and/or legal advisor regarding your specific situation.